Thursday, September 29, 2011

Why I Walk: Michael Sebring

Why I walk...

To support my friends affected by this stigmatized disease and help find a cure! I walk for my friends: Steve, John, Chris and Jeremy

The walk is important to me because I want people affected by this disease to know they are loved, have a chance at a quality life and to bring awareness to others that this disease affects all walks of life.

I have been walking for over 10 yrs.

I spread the word through donating money each year for the walk, sponsoring CAP at work so I could get them a grant, I am the Regional Chair for our Employee Resource Group at work for LGBT issues and support CAP through all its fund raising events, I have partnered with Michael Sorenson to find models for fund raisers and I have introduced several experts in the field of non-profits to help CAP find philanthropy and financial solutions as well as banking benefits to the employees of CAP.

Most of all, CAP provides support in so many ways to those affected by this terrible disease. I am so impressed by the abilities, caring and vision of Cascade AIDS Project and will continue to do all I can to support this great organization.

No comments:

Post a Comment